Here are the general account penalties maintained by MU Episodes. as a company. There also exist game-specific account penalties, which you can find by following the appropriate links at the bottom of this page. In most cases, game-specific account penalties will take precedence over our general company account penalties. However, please remember that depending on the nature of each violation, either company or game-specific penalties may apply, the choice of which rests at the sole discretion of MU Episodes.
Please read through the enumerated violations carefully. For questions or concerns, please get in touch with MU Episodes Customer Support.
Important Reminders Regarding Violations and Penalties
- All listed penalties presented are arranged into fair standards dependent on the general nature of each Offense but are still subject to any necessary adjustment as deemed by the sole discretion of MU Episodes.
- All violations are validated through observation of MU Episodes. and Game Moderators. MU Episodes. The game itself has no obligation to present evidence related to any cases it has ruled upon.
- All penalties listed above can be issued on a per-instance basis, resulting in an accumulation of 1st offense penalties or an automatic 3rd offense penalty, depending on the number of violations committed. The choice of recourse in such cases is entirely at the discretion of MU Episodes.
GAME-SPECIFIC ACCOUNT PENALTIES
Game Moderators are committed to helping and guiding players to experience the game at its full potential. Every effort must be made to bring prompt service and improve the game’s quality. GMs are to respond to players’ needs politely and professionally.
What GMs can do for players of MU Episodes:
- GMs will do their best to answer questions and handle complaints or concerns users may have in-game.
- GMs are to oversee events or quests in-game.
- GMs may kick or suspend players that violate the Game Policy and Rules of Conduct, depending on the severity of the violation.
What GMs cannot do for players of MU Episodes:
- GMs cannot and will not participate in any party or guild. They cannot and will not “tank” for or provide “buffs” to players unless it coincides with an event or promotion that requires them.
- GMs cannot and will not give players items, potions, or gold (trading with players is not allowed) unless it is part of an event or promotion.
- GMs will not give special treatment to any player or a specific group of players. Instead, GMs must be impartial, unbiased, and objective within their responsibilities and judgment.
Rules of Conduct
The following rules govern essential interaction within the MU Episodes game, social media, and groups. Please be aware that failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination of your MU Episodes game account according to the MU Episodes End User License Agreement (EULA)
Use of Profanity or Obscenities by any means
Users are prohibited from using sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language.
Users are prohibited from posting or linking to sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive imagery or content.
Spamming or Flooding in any channel
When communicating in MU Episodes using server-wide chat, users are prohibited from spam, flooding, or making duplicate posts.
Illegal Trading and Dealings
Actual Money Trading (RMT)
Users are prohibited from advertising the intent to or committing the act of buying, trading, selling, sharing, or transferring access to items or any other game-related feature to another MU Episodes account or player through transactions involving the use of real money.
Advertising non-MU Episodes Products
Users are prohibited from marketing, promoting, advertising, or soliciting within the MU Episodes game or social media and grouping any product unrelated to the game.
Use of Mu Episodes Products or services for illegal activities
All Mu Episodes Products and services are strictly used for legal activities only.
Harassing or Defaming users or Mu Episodes Employees
Harassment is strictly prohibited by definition, persistent, disallowed actions against another person. Anything that imposes another person’s natural rights is not allowed.
Attempting to directly or indirectly assassinate a GM character or another player’s character is prohibited.
Making Real-Life Threats
Threats in any form, even in jest, are not allowed and will be treated seriously.
Distributing another user’s Real-Life Personal Information
Users are prohibited from posting or communicating another player’s real-life information (name, address, account name, etc.) through the MU
Online game or through the official MU Episodes Facebook Groups
Impersonating a Mu Episodes Employee, Affiliate, or another player
Users cannot imitate a Game Moderator, Mu Episodes Employee, or any other Mu Episodes affiliate. Players are not allowed to impersonate other players as well.
Any act or behavior deemed inappropriate by Mu Episodes
Users are prohibited from violating local, state, national or international laws and regulations.
Any action similar to the above but not mentioned will still be held according to the MU Episodes Game Rules and Policies. These rules may be modified at any time according to the MU Episodes GM Team’s discretion, but with proper notification of the changes through the MU Episodes’ official website and social media.
*The MU Episodes GM Team’s decision on any case is final.
The MU Episodes GM Team will review all offense reports. Offenses have varying degrees of severity and will be up to the MU Episodes GM Team to study and administer its corresponding punishment based on the provided evidence and details of the case. The severity of each case will be categorized as follows:
- Cursing, Swearing, or use of foul language
- Offensive/vulgar character and guild names
- Defaming a Game Moderator
- Attempting to deceive any Mu Episodes Personnel
- Misuse of the Official MU Episode’s social media
- Inappropriate advertising
- Circulating false information
- Reporting false incidents
- Illegal trading or cash transactions
- Account theft or hacking
Game Integrity Infringement
- Use or Distribution of any hack/hacking programs
- General attempt to defraud
- Impersonation of a GM, Mu Episodes Employee or affiliate, or Government Official
- Circulating false information
- Deliberate abuse of game bugs
- Attempting to deceive any Mu Episodes Personnel
- Account Theft or Hacking
- Unauthorized Account Access
- Duplicating items or possession of duplicated items
- Also, be reminded that Mu Episodes reserves the right to evaluate every incident on a case-to-case basis, meaning actions taken at one point may differ from those previously taken with other instances of similar nature.
Penalties will depend on the number of times an offense is made and its severity.
|Types of Violation||Offense|
|1st Offense||2nd Offense||3rd Offense|
|The offensive chat window, store name||Warning||One-day Account Suspension||Three days Account Suspension|
|Use of ASCII to denote inappropriate graphical acts||Warning||One-day Account Suspension||Three days Account Suspension|
|Cursing, Swearing, or use of Foul language||Three days Account Suspension||Seven days Account Suspension||14 days Account Suspension|
|Distribution of another user’s Real-Life Personal Information||Account Closure|
|RL Advertising, Real Money Trade/ illegal trading||Seven days Account Suspension||14 days Account Suspension||One-month Account Suspension|
|Flooding/Spamming (All channels)||24 hrs Chat ban||Three days Chat ban||Seven days Chat ban|
|Sexual Harassment (obscene or reference to body parts in non-scientific discussion)||Seven days Account Suspension||14 days Account Suspension||One-month Account Suspension|
|Inappropriate use of chat channels||24 hrs Chat ban||Three days Chat ban||Seven days Chat ban|
|Verbal Harassment||24 hrs Account Suspension||Three days Account Suspension||Seven days Account Suspension|
|Non-Verbal Harassment||24 hrs Account Suspension||Three days Account Suspension||Seven days Account Suspension|
|Defaming a Game Moderator||Warning||Seven days Account Suspension||14 days Account Suspension|
|Inappropriate Advertising||Seven days Account Suspension||14 days Account Suspension||One-month Account Suspension|
|Reporting False incidents||Three days Account Suspension||Seven days Account Suspension||14 days Account Suspension|
|References to illegal drugs or activities||Warning||Three days Account Suspension||Seven days Account Suspension|
|Nuisance Accounts||Permanent Account Suspension|
|Others (Special Case)||Subject to GM’s review / GM’s decision is final.|
|Game Integrity Infringement||Permanent Account Suspension|
|Circulating false information||Three days Account Suspension||Seven days Account Suspension||Account Closure|
|Deliberate abuse of a Game bug||Three days Account Suspension||Seven days Account Suspension||Account Closure|
|Impersonation of a GM, Mu Episodes Employee or affiliate, or Government Official||Permanent Account Suspension|
|Attempting to deceive any Mu Episodes Personnel||Permanent Account Suspension|
|Use or Distribution of any Hack/Hacking Programs||30 days Account Suspension + Item Wipe or Permanent Account Suspension (GM Discretion)|
|Client Modification||30 days Account Suspension + Item Wipe or Permanent Account Suspension (GM Discretion)|
|General Attempt to Defraud||Permanent Account Suspension|
|Account Theft or Hacking||Permanent Account Suspension|
|Unauthorized Account Access||Permanent Account Suspension|
|Duplicating items or possession of duplicated items||Permanent Account Suspension|
* Vulgar and offensive character names or guild names will be changed without prior notice.
Definition of Terms:
RL – Real Life
RMT – Real Money Trading
NPC – Non-player Characters; these are entities in-game that the players, such as shopkeepers or monsters, do not control
Naming Policy / No Name Change Policy
Using profanity, abusive words or phrases, or anything remotely suggesting such in any language or dialect is strictly prohibited in creating Character Names or Guild Names. Players deemed to have violated this Policy are subject to sanctions and may have their Character Name, or Clan Name changed or their character banned without prior notice. Clans disbanded due to violating this Policy will not be eligible for compensation.
Characters in the game are free to choose who they want to communicate and socialize with (with the possible exception of GMs and other Mu Episodes staff, but only in their official capacity). A character may cease communications with another character for their reasons. For example, suppose that persistent feeling insists on sending private or public messages to that person who does not want to continue contact, even with a clear warning that they do not wish to communicate anymore. In that case, the offended character may report it as a case of Harassment, submitting screenshots as evidence.
- Scamming Policy
The MU Episodes GM Team will not be responsible for any loss of jewels or items due to scams, unfair trades, or illegal trading (real-money trading), which are not a result of an in-game bug or exploit.
- Hack Policy / Restoration Policy
Hack cases or Item restoration requests will be dependent on the investigation.
Beware of phishing websites, and never give anyone your account information. MU GMs and Moderators will NEVER ask for your password.
- Evidence Policy
The only evidence that is not modified and shows the incident clearly can be applied in our case processing. Screenshots may suffice for any chat or verbal offenses. For complicated crimes, in-game videos would have to be provided. For example, you can use file hosting services such as Mediafire or Fileden to upload your videos.
*Note: Screenshots must be submitted in .jpg format, with at least High image quality.
The offender’s name must be seen, and the screenshot or video must show the offender in action.